Oliver Johnson's Woods
Oliver Johnsons Woods is primarily residential in nature, with wide boulevards, large trees and homes built in the 1920's through 1930's. The neighborhood does have commercial zoning at the southwest corner of 46th and College. It is a noted subarea of the larger Meridian-Kessler neighborhood.
The area is named for the farmstead of Oliver Johnson. The family farm house was built in the 1860's, and was moved to its current location -- 4456 North Park -- in 1919. The neighborhood is noted for homes built in the 1920's-1930's. These include Colonial Revival, Prairie Style and Renaissance styled homes built by Cannon, Fermor Spencer, et al, Charles Byfield and William F. Nelson.
The application for listing on the National Register of Historic Places was accepted in 2004.
- North: South side of E. 46th Street
- South: North side of E. 44th Street
- East: West side of N. College Avenue
- West: East side of N. Central Avenue